Offering the following
Safari Lifestyles View
Dinaka has recently been purchased by the Ker Downey group, and we welcome this foremost company’s ownership.
Ker Downey has a great reputation for lodges in superb areas, and with their high levels of services, Dinaka provides them with a link to the Central Kalahari for an enhanced lodge circuit.
The camp has been refurbished to a high standard, bringing it in line with the quality of their other lodges.
During your stay at Dinaka, you can expect to see a wide array of animals, from the antelope – eland, kudu, gemsbok, impala, springbok and steenbok – to the reptiles, insects, birds and small mammals like the Honey Badger and porcupine – to the predators – the Kalahari lion, cheetah, leopard and brown hyenas.
Game drives – Both during the day and at night. Watch the vast landscape transform as the sun sets and darkness settles in over the bush revealing new creatures and night-calls.
• Nature walks with Bushmen trackers –Learn from, or simply enjoy being in the presence of someone who is as much a part of the African bush as the sand you walk on or the sky you walk under.
• Stargazing – The night sky is a diamond studded wonder. Astronomy courses can be provided by special arrangement.
• Sundowners on a raised hide – With a drink of your own, watch a myriad of animals quench their thirst after a long day in the African sun.
• A sleep out in the hide –Bed down next to the waterhole and experience the thrill of nature by night. Sleep outs are arranged upon request.
• Photographic safaris – capture moments of the Kalahari; perhaps a dew-lit sunrise or the giant African bullfrog in a rain filled pan…
• Birding safaris – with over 200 positively identified bird species, the central Kalahari truly is a birders paradise.
Whats Not Included
Children of 7 years and older accepted
An exclusive private reserve hugging the northern edge of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Dinaka is host to one of the most unique bio-diversities in Southern Africa. This ever-changing desert landscape gives refuge to the Kalahari lion, springbok, Oryx and brown hyena. The camp itself was acquired in 2017 and provides the perfect start or finish to any discerning travellers Botswana safari.
Guests are accommodated in seven spacious twin and double-bedded safari tents, each en-suite bathroom has an indoor and outdoor shower, hot and cold running water and flush toilet. Families are accommodated in a two-bedroomed tent, sharing a spacious en-suite bathroom – ideal for families in this child-friendly camp.
Dinaka’s tents are well spaced and raised up on wooden decks giving the perfect vantage point over a permanent water hole. Connected by wooden walkways all areas of camp are accessible by wheelchair.
Dinaka Safari Lodge is situated on a 20 000 hectare private game ranch on the northern boundary of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. It is centred around a permanent waterhole, making it as beautiful as it is remote.
The lodge is approximately 100km west of Rakops, the nearest village and fuelling point, and 140km south of Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta.
Please note: These are retail rates and should be seen as indicative, and they can change. All rates are subject to availability. Safari Lifestyles will always endeavour to provide you with prices under these rates if possible.